February 15, 2008

Fast forward...

So, fast forward a year and here we are! The boys are 13 months old and we are all still alive! It's a miracle.

Their first year went by so fast. I had 4 months of maternity leave and took every bit of it. The first week and a half that both babies were home, the four of us (me, Hubs, Calvin & Hobbes) spent together, getting to know one another. Once Hubs went back to work my mother, who should be the first jewish saint, came to my house every day to help me out. I have no idea what I would have done without her.

I had some complications from the birth (10 weeks of severe bleeding) and ended up having a D&C, even though they really never found a reason why I bled so much. It really sucked because I couldn't enjoy the boys like I wanted to because I felt so disgusting.

I went back to work three days a week at the end of April 2007. My mom watches the boys when I am at work, again -- she's awesome!

They have had minor ailments here and there over the last year. Hobbes had an umbilical hernia which corrected itself, he wore a helmet for a month last spring to correct a head and neck weakness and he's had a double ear infection -- but was a total trooper! Calvin had croup, which warranted a trip to the emergency room and a chest x-ray. Otherwise the boys are doing really well!

They've had so many firsts: crawling, standing, eating solid food, haircuts. It's just amazing.

Okay, so now that I've got you caught up with me and my boys I am hoping to use this space to write about the fun (and insanity) that is life with twins.

A quick aside -- Last night I was watching Jon & Kate.... on TLC and it made me feel better -- I could have had 8 kids at once -- and worse in that they are so much more organized and they have 6 more kids than I do!

Someday I will have my act together...I think!